DQS – 06
- Read the given statements about algae and select the correct option.
(i) Plant body is thalloid.
(ii) Largely aquatic.
(iii) Reproduction by vegetative, asexual and sexual methods.
(iv) Chlamydomonas, Volvox and Ulothrix are the multicellular algae.
(a) Statements (i) and (ii) are true
(b) Statements (ii) and (iii) are true
(c) Statements (i), (ii) and (iii) are true
(d) All statements are true.
- _______and ______are unicellular algae, rich in proteins, which are used as food supplements even by space travellers,
(a) Chlorella, Spirullna (b) Gelidium, Gracilaria
(c) Porphyra, Spirogyra (d) Laminaria, Spirogyra
- Green algae usually have a rigid cell wall made of an inner layer of____and an outer layer of________.
(a) cellulose, cellulose (b) pectose, pectose
(c) pectose, cellulose (d) cellulose, pectose
- Which of the following pigments are found in brown algae?
(a) Chl a, Chl c
(b) Chl a, Chl d
(c) Chl a, Chl c and fucoxanthin
(d) Chl a, phycoerythrin
- Which one of the following cannot fix nitrogen?
(a) Nostoc (b) Azotobacter (c) Spirogyra (d) Anabaena
- Match Column-I with Column-ll and select the correct option from the codes given below.
A. Spirogyra (i) Unicellular
B.Chlamydomonas (ii) Filamentous
C. Volvox (iii) Colonial form
D. Some giant marine forms (iv) Kelps
(a) A-(ii), B-(i), C-(iii), D-(iv) (b) A-(ii), B-(iii), C-(iv), D-(i)
(c) A-(iii), B-(ii), C-(iv), D-(i) (d) A-(iii), B-(ii) C-(i) D-(iv)
- Plant classification as proposed by Carolus Linnaeus was artificial because it was based on
(a) only a few morphological characters
(b) all the possible characters
(c) anatomical characters which are adaptive in nature
(d) physiological and morphological characters.
- Select the option that correctly identifies A, B and C in the given figure of female thallus of Marchantia.
(a) A – Antheridiophore, B – Gemma cup, C – Rhizoids
(b) A – Antheridiophore, B – Rhizoids, C – Gemma cup
(c) A – Archegoniophore, B – Gemma cup, C – Rhizoids
(d) A – Archegoniophore, B – Rhizoids, C – Gemma cup
- Resemblances between algae and bryophytes include
(a) presence of root-like, stem-like and leaf-like structures
(b) thallus-like plant body, lack of vascular tissue, autotrophic nutrition
(c) thallus-like plant body, presence of vascular tissue, autotrophic nutrition
(d) presence of roots, heterotrophic nutrition.
- In Funaria, the haploid structure is
(a) protonema (b) capsule
(c) columella (d) seta.
Post your answers in comment section or on facebook page (link given below)
Answers will be posted after 24 hrs…