DQS – 05
- __________classification systems were based on evolutionary relationships between various organisms.
(a) Natural (b) Artificial (c) Phylogenetic (d) Both (a) and (b)
- The sporophytic phase in Funaria is well developed and composed of
- (a) capsule only
- (b) spore sac
- (c) foot and capsule
- (d) foot, seta and capsule.
- Read the following statements regarding bryophytes and select the correct answer.
(i) Lack true roots, stem and leaves.
(ii) Main plant body is haploid.
(iii) Sex-organs are unicellular and non-jacketed.
(iv) Fertilization produces an embryo inside the water.
(a) Statements (i) and (ii) are correct
(b) Statements (ii) and (iii) are correct
(c) Statements (iii) and (iv) are correct
(d) All statements are correct
4. Select the correct pattern of arrangement of reproductive structures for gymnosperms.
(a) Spores –> Sporophylls –>Sporangia –>Strobili
(b) Spores –>Sporangia –>Sporophylls –> Strobili
(c) Sporangia –>Sporophylls –>Spores –>Strobili
(d) Spores –>Sporangia –>Strobili –>Sporophylls
- Which of the following structures are haploid in gymnosperms?
(a) Pollen grain, megaspore, embryo
(b) Pollen grain, megaspore, endosperm
(c) Megaspore, leaf, root
(d) Leaf, root, integument
- The sporophyte is the dominant phase in
(a) pteridophytes (b) gymnosperms (c) angiosperms (d) all of these.
- In angiosperms, functional megaspore develops into
(a) embryo sac (b) ovule (c) endosperm (d) pollen sac.
- Read the given statements and select the incorrect ones.
(i) Sporophyte in mosses is more elaborate than that in liverworts.
(ii) Salvinia is homosporous.
(iii) Life-cycle in all spermatophytes is diplontic.
(iv) In Cycas, male cones and megasporophylls are borne on the same trees.
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iv)
(d) (iii) and (iv)
- With respect to the fungal sexual cycle, choose the correct sequence of events.
(a) Karyogamy, plasmogamy and meiosis
(b) Meiosis, plasmogamy and karyogamy
(c) Plasmogamy, karyogamy and meiosis
(d) Meiosis, karyogamy and plasmogamy
- Which of the following groups of organisms are included under chrysophytes?
(a) Diatoms and desmids (golden algae)
(b) Diatoms and dinoflagellates
(d) Slime moulds
Post your answers in comment section or on facebook page (link given below)