Compose yourself. It’s the day you have worked for.
“if you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you won’t perform as a winner”
Anxiety on the exam day is inevitable, but you must not let the anxiety to cloud your mind. Promise yourself that you will stay calm and give your best because you know once you give your best nothing can stop you from getting what you deserve.
You have read well, practiced hard, did all that was needed. Now its show time so here are some tips that will help you in performing better.
- Make sure you had a good sleep- a good 6-7 hrs. sleep will relax your mind and increase your efficiency. Don’t stay up till late in night.
- Eat light- don’t skip the breakfast and try to keep it light as many people feel nauseated before exams due to anxiety and apprehension.
- Gather your essentials- ensure you have checked all essentials like your admit card, Id proof and whatever else you require foe exams before leaving for the exam to avoid any hassle.
- Reach your Centre well in time- avoid any rush or hurry and reach your exam centre well on time. Find yourself a quiet place and avoid the gangs voicing their fears and discussing questions.
- Don’t carry loads of books to exam centre- you don’t want to stress out your mind few hours before exam. So relax, you have read everything before. Don’t start flipping pages of all the books. Either sit relaxed or you may just go through one liners, diagrams and high yield points you have prepared for exams. (follow whichever suits you). Don’t read long paragraphs, it will stress you out. Close all the books atleast 15 minutes before entering the exam hall.
- Don’t panic seeing the paper- find your seat in the exam hall and make yourself comfortable. 15mins before the exam you will handed the OMR. Very carefully fill in all details like name, roll number. 5 minutes before the exam you will be handed the question paper. When asked open it and don’t panic seeing the paper even if you don’t know the first few questions you saw. Its ok you will figure it out.
- Attempt your paper in rounds- In the first round attempt the questions you are absolutely sure about, no guess work. Don’t waste time on questions you are facing difficulty with in first round. Don’t attempt physics first as it may consume lot of time which will panic you. It is best to attempt biology first which comprises 50% of the paper and can be completed in less than 45 minutes. It will make you feel good and confident once you complete 50% of the paper and lot of time remaining. Leave the questions that require lengthy calculations or are confusing for second round. once you are done with first round you would have completed most of the ques.
In the second round deal with remaining questions. Think over them, rule out options that can’t be answer, calculate the numericals carefully and chose your answer.
- Be calculative- before sitting for any exam, you must have an idea about previous years’ cutoff. For an outstanding rank you must be calculative of the risk you must take.
- Play safe only if you think you attempted fairly above the last years’ cutoff in the first round itself.
- If you think you attempted just around cutoff in first round then you must make some smart guesses and choose your answers intelligently. Never make blind guesses.
- If you think you attempted below cutoff score then you must take some risk because it’s do or die.Try ruling out the options to find the most probable answer. You must attempt fair enough questions to get a good rank because no one has 100% accuracy. So attempt sufficiently according to marking scheme and difficulty level of paper.
- Mind the time- divide your time for each subject in the paper and be aware of the time left with you because you don’t want any silly mistakes and errors in filling OMR that usually happens out of desperation to finish the exam on time. fill in the OMR simultaneously and not at last as will cause errors. Also ensure that no questions go unread, so, manage your time accordingly.
- Take your time don’t let blunders happen-read ques very carefully and don’t rush to giving answers. Take your time, think well and then mark the answers carefully. Pay attention on words like- not, except, all of these in the questions and options.
It’s time to shine. All the very best for the exams.